How Can We Help You?
Fill out the information below to begin your online case review.
FLORIDA WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY
If someone’s death was caused by another party’s negligence or reckless disregard, The Wrongful Death Act in the State of Florida provides that the loved one’s of that person should be compensated for the loss.
Inasmuch as the loved one cannot be replaced, the party that is responsible should compensate the aggrieved family for their loss. They have lost someone who was not only a potential earner of income for that family, but irreplaceable as a person they could count on everyday for advice, direction, affection, and companionship.
The Act is not without complications. For instance, It includes the child born out of wedlock of a mother, but not the child born out of wedlock of the father unless the father has recognized a responsibility for the child’s support.
- Children under the age of 25 are treated differently than those over 25.
- A surviving spouse who remarries may lose much of the potential award that may have been possible had she not remarried.
- The Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death actions is only two years from date of death, so it is important you contact a Miami and Miami wrongful death attorney right away so we can get to work on your case.
Common types of cases for wrongful death include
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Unsafe or defective products
- Work injuries
- Animal bites such as dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Nursing home abuse or negligence
- Defective drugs or pharmaceuticals
- Medical negligence
- Airplane or other commercial transportation accidents
Who Can Sue for Wrongful death?
- The decedent’s spouse
- The decedent’s children (those under the age of 25 are entitled to higher damages)
- The decedent’s parents
- Other blood relatives including adoptive brothers and sisters if there was some dependency for financial or other support.
If a loved one has died under any circumstance other than natural causes, you might have a claim. Call a senior attorney at the Law Offices of Gilbert and Smallman for a no cost, no obligation consultation about your situation. You will talk directly to one of our experienced injury law partners. Below are our cell numbers. You can call us anytime.
Andrew Smallman 954-661-7371 Cell Phone 24/7
Harris Gilbert 786-371-4431 Cell Phone 24/7